Senior Level - Professional Engineer– Oahu, HI
Location: Oahu, HI
Employment Type: Full Time
Career Level: Professional
Travel Percentage: 10% to 25%
Last Updated: 01-08-2013
Why HIES Inc.
Intriguing work, in fascinating locations, internationally diverse peers and clients. Starting on your first day with HIES Inc. you'll be offered a comprehensive benefits package, which may include the following: sign on bonus, medical, dental, 401(k), vacation, PTO, training opportunities, equipment expenditure allowance and more.
There is nothing better than gaining professional development through work on a really intriguing and challenging project and, at HIES Inc, our projects are ever increasing, challenging and changing. We offer various personal development programs to support your career goals; participation in external learning, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, mentoring and other various resources.
What greater satisfaction can one have than knowing you have made a significant impact on the earth by using your talents.
No matter your career path, we regard continued learning and improvement as central to your success, and to the success of the company.
Senior-Level Professional Engineer
HIES is seeking a Hawaii Licensed Professional Engineer who performs highly advanced professional engineering work to ensure quality and coordination of environmental engineering processes in construction, O&M, remediation, and design of DOD and commercial contracts throughout the Pacific..
- BS or MS in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering or other related field of Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer License issued by the State of Hawaii or Guam
- Proficient in project management, preferably in a governmental environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Providing engineering design services and review services for the development of projects and bid documents including construction contract front ends, drawings, and specifications.
- Developing and/or overseeing the development of: projects' scope of work, schedule, cost estimates, and risk, permitting, property, and procurement plans of projects as applicable.
- Updating existing and develops new Spill Prevention, Control, Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans and monitors the implementation of these plans for Agency facilities.
- Developing permit applications and supporting documents
- Preparing and presenting reports, on contract operated facilities, for internal and external Agency meetings, conferences, and training opportunities.
- Negotiating in professional engineering design contracts and professional service agreements.
- Working effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues and demonstrate.
- Working flexible hours as needed.
- Working within computer programs such as Microsoft office, Primevera, ArcGIS, and AutoCAD.
- Having strong communication skills, including listening, verbal and written.
- Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Years of Experience
Compensation: The salary range for this Entry to SENIOR-LEVEL position is based on a combination of education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience. Please submit your salary requirements with this position.
If you are interested in joining the HIES team, please submit your resume and salary requirements to Careers@hiesinc.com. Please reference the position name, in the subject line of your e-mail, fax or letter. All inquiries and all resumes must be submitted to the specified email contact or they will not be reviewed. No phone calls and only qualified candidates shall receive a response
|HIES Inc. is committed to a policy of providing employment opportunities to all qualified people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and all interested and qualified people.