Environmental Scientist – Guam
Employment Type: Full Time
Career Level: Professional
Travel Percentage: 10% to 25%
Last Updated: 01-08-2013
Why HIES Inc.
Intriguing work, in fascinating locations, internationally diverse peers and clients. Starting on your first day with HIES Inc. you'll be offered a comprehensive benefits package, which may include the following: sign on bonus, medical, dental, 401(k), vacation, PTO, training opportunities, equipment expenditure allowance and more.
There is nothing better than gaining professional development through work on a really intriguing and challenging project and, at HIES Inc, our projects are ever increasing, challenging and changing. We offer various personal development programs to support your career goals; participation in external learning, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, mentoring and other various resources.
What greater satisfaction can one have than knowing you have made a significant impact on the earth by using your talents.
No matter your career path, we regard continued learning and improvement as central to your success, and to the success of the company.
Environmental Scientist is needed to assist in a wide range of engineering based environmental projects and team support roles including: data compilation, environmental analysis, permit applications, field sampling, monitoring, and preparation of plans and reports in support of various environmental compliance, remedial, and restoration activities at commercial, private, and DoD sites. Our company specializes in Environmental Sciences and GIS/IT services in the Pacific Rim.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Environmental Initiatives (CAA, CWA, EPA, RCRA, EPCRA & CERCLA a plus), Pollution Prevention, Remedial Activities, Restoration, and Hazardous Materials Management.
- Bachelor's, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Biology, Chemistry or a similar field.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience required.
- An understanding of and the ability to utilize pertinent aspects of chemistry, biological sciences and public health that pertain to the control or elimination of pollutants.
- Excellent written, oral and computer skills required.
- Multi cultural and/or Pacific Rim work experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple locations within the organization.
Ability to gain support for initiatives that benefit the organization.
Must be results-oriented with strong initiative.
Knowledge of ACAD and ArcGIS a plus.
- Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Years of Experience
Compensation: The salary range for this Entry to Mid-LEVEL position is based on a combination of education, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience. Please submit your salary requirements with this position.
If you are interested in joining the HIES team, please submit your curriculum vitae or resume and salary requirements to Careers@hiesinc.com. Please reference the position name, in the subject line of your e-mail, fax or letter. All inquiries and all resumes must be submitted to the specified email contact or they will not be reviewed. No phone calls and only qualified candidates shall receive a response
|HIES Inc. is committed to a policy of providing employment opportunities to all qualified people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and all interested and qualified people.